Cross Herrengasse 1
01 504 6187
The Church of St. Charles Borromeo (Karlskirche) is the most beautiful and interesting baroque cathedral north of the Alps. It offers unexpected impressions. With a Panormalift in which you can easily go up into the dome and see the world famous frescoes of Michael Rottmeyr up close.
This is a church situated on the south side of Karlsplatz, Vienna,located on the edge of the 1st district, 200 metres outside the Ringstrasse. It is one of the most outstanding baroque church structures, and boasts a dome in the form of an elongated ellipsoid.
Ever since Karlsplatz was restored as an ensemble in the late 1980s, the Karlskirche has garnered fame due to its dome and its two flanking columns of bas-reliefs, as well as its role as an architectural counterweight to the buildings of the Musikverein and of the Vienna University of Technology.
The church is cared for by a religious order and has long been the parish church as well as the seat of the Catholic student ministry of the Vienna University of Technology.
The Stephansplatz is situated in the geographical centre of Vienna.
The Raimund Theater is named after the Austrian dramatist Ferdinand Raimund, the theatre was built by an association of Viennese citizens and opened on 28 November 1893 with Raimund's play Die gefesselte Phantasie. The theatre mainly presented German folk dramas and plays.
Museum Quarter opened in 2001 as one of the world's largest complexes for contemporary art and culture.
The Academy of Fine Arts Vienna has been a leading European training center for artists for more than 300 years.
Main Places of Worship
The Vienna State Opera is an opera house and opera company with a history dating back to the mid-19th century.
This list of museums in Vienna contains museums which are defined for this context as institutions (including nonprofit organizations, government entities, and private businesses) that collect and care for objects of cultural, artistic, scientific, or historical interest and make their collections or related exhibits available for public viewing.
Danube Park is one of the largest Viennese parks covering an area of approximately 800 000 sq m
The Konzerthaus was built between 1911 and 1913. The architects were Ferdinand Fellner and Hermann Helmer; the work was done in cooperation with Ludwig Baumann.
The Church of St. Charles Borromeo (Karlskirche) is the most beautiful and interesting baroque cathedral north of the Alps.